Sunday 7 January 2018

Scribble #65

Excerpts from the past:



Nothing like seeing a young person read a book at a bus stop to cheer me up from an exhausted day's work. Gives me hope.

Does anyone else think there should be a 'Goodreads Recommends' or 'Blogger's Choice' section in book shops? I'd rely on them a lot more than any 'Bestsellers' shelf.

If there is one life motto I go by - the one quote I've always remembered and stuck to - it is this: Treat others the way you want to be treated yourself.

Someone hung a little sign on my kitchen window. It says, 'Do What Makes You Happy'. It really made my day :)

I've come to realise that life is all about perspective and reflection. I wrote in my diary, the first entry in months, "My life has been filled with one disappointment after another. I wonder, what's the point?" Then I realised: You're living. You're breathing, thinking, feeling, and acting - what more point do you need? Progress is painful and slow, but worth it. Nothing ends unless you decide it to. Remember that.

Food for thought: When you're a kid, you envy people older than you. When you're an adult, you envy people younger than you. I'm finding it is true that childhood is long, and difficult to get through. But it's not forever, and it should possibly be spent well while it lasts. Life Goes On can turn into quite a scary - and even more difficult - saying once childhood is done and gone. But stay happy and positive always, with the people you love and who love you, regardless of age. And keep doing the things you want to and have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment