Saturday 30 June 2018

Have you ever heard of a film/web series called 'Electra Woman and Dyna Girl'? I didn't, until I happened to stumble upon the DVD on Amazon when making my purchases. From the title alone, I couldn't resist.

Based on the classic '70s show, this updated, modernized take is funny, clever, sharp, and an all around enjoyable experience. The two leads, YouTube stars Grace Helbig and Hannah Hart, are good actors and they have fantastic chemistry. Female friendship is the heart and soul of the story and it stays that way. No love interests!

If you care about female-led superhero projects, then definitely check it out. If you're a fan other web miniseries' such as 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog', then it's worth your time. It deserves as much attention as the 'Wonder Woman' movie, and the 'Supergirl' and 'Jessica Jones' TV series', in my opinion. It's not bad for a low-budget passion project.

As underrated as 'Birds of Prey', I recommended 'Electra Woman and Dyna Girl'!

No comments:

Post a Comment