Sunday, 4 October 2026

October Magica - 'The Different Story Volume 1'

WELCOME TO OCTOBER MAGICA!




Today I reread the first volume of the first 'Puella Magi Madoka Magica' spinoff manga I checked out, 'Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Different Story, Vol 1'.

I confess to remembering pretty much nothing of 'The Different Story' spinoff before embarking on the October Magica quest. All I knew peripherally was that it is a, well, different story and retelling from the canon; it is from an alternate timeline, as opposed to the timeline we follow in the anime (time travel in stories opens up so much potential, doesn't it? As long as it's written thoughtfully and carefully). But I'm glad to be revisiting it, because it is really excellent, and it holds up well.

'Vol. 1' is, oddly, both a comfort read, and a deep dive depressing reel.

Read more on my rereview here.

Hope and horror, dreams and despair, wishes and warnings, miracles and melancholia, teams and tears and tragedy, soul sisterhood and cynicism, no light without darkness and vice versa, let's go!



No comments:

Post a Comment