Saturday 9 February 2019

Graphic Novel Review - 'Heartstopper Volume One' by Alice Oseman

2022 EDIT: I've reread all four of the 'Heartstopper' volumes tonight - yes, in one night! - because I can't get enough of this comforting, life-affirming, softly and achingly adorable and beautiful, and perfect series, and because of preparation for the Netflix TV adaptation. I have no idea what to expect but...can any adaptation do justice to the greatest thing in the entire universe?

Heartwarming and tearful doesn't begin to cover 'Heartstopper' by Alice Oseman. I love it. I love absolutely everything about it.

Restore and recharge your faith in humanity by reading 'Heartstopper'. Every time.

Final Score (for the whole series!): 5/5





Original Review:



The simplest things make for one of the greatest things ever.

'Heartstopper' is what life, the world, the universe, and everything needs. Even if it is totally undeserved. Everyone should read and experience something as euphoric, refreshing, sweet, adorable, charming, sad, relevant, relieving, and pure as this. You can have a wonderful time flipping to any page. It is what falling in love, and having faith, feels like.

I feel too privileged.

Happiness, thy name is 'Heartstopper'.

And all it's about is two British LBGTQ schoolboys falling for each other.

My original review of the webcomic is here.

You bet I can't wait for Volume 2 to be published. So grateful that this is being published out for the world to see at last. I waited ages for Volume 1, instantly a fave comic, and it was worth every penny, pound, and heartbeat.

Thank you, Alice Oseman, you star.

Final Score: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment