Monday 14 October 2013

Non-Fiction Book Review - '501 Must-Read Books' by Emma Beare (Editor)

My 100th Goodreads review - what better book to talk about than one that is a list of books?

'501 Must-Read Books' is a present from my grandfather for my 22nd birthday. It's a good, comfortable and informative read containing reviews of critically-acclaimed literary works since 2006. 

However, it doesn't include Classics such as 'To Kill a Mockingbird' and 'The Count of Monte Cristo', surprisingly. And there aren't many genres that are categorized: some Fantasy novels fall into the Children's and Modern Fiction lists.

But apart from slightly questionable choices of works that are 'must-reads' (though the idea is subjective, as are all works of art, after all), '501' is still something to look through again and again. Thanks to this book I know I will not give up reading yet - or ever, 100 reviews or no - as there are a great number of good reads (Goodreads?) worth checking out. 

'501' makes me feel able to read, critique and write forever; as they are what I, and others, love to do.

Final Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment