Thursday 3 October 2013

Manga Review - 'Millennium Snow, Vol 1' by Bisco Hatori

2023 EDIT: Part of my 2023 clear-up, of books I no longer like, or am no longer interested in, or remember well as standing out, or find as special anymore, or I otherwise will not miss.

Final Score: 3.5/5





Original Review:



A high school story that didn't annoy me, wow.

'Millennium Snow' is similar to 'Twilight', what with the vampire/werewolf/human girl love triangle. But it was published before 'Twilight', so I'll make no further comparisons. I got really hooked on this sweet and charming little manga, due to the fitting artwork and the characters; who had multiple-dimensions to them and warm love in their hearts, I could tell. Plus I'm a lover of stories relating to snow (but only in fiction, not when it gets in my way in real life). Quite magical.

That is the first volume. The second volume, on the other hand, is crap: underdeveloped with cliches I hate, topped with an abrupt and uncertain ending - this is most likely due to the mangaka Bisco Hatori spending more time on her breakout hit series, 'Ouran High School Host Club'.

Nevertheless I still remember enjoying Volume 1.

Final Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment