'My Giant Nerd Boyfriend, Vol. 1: Big Love in Small Moments' - based on the ongoing webtoon by Fishball, here we have a bunch of funny anecdotal comic strips, about the life of the 5'2" artist and her 6'4" boyfriend-turned-husband.
I see quite a lot of myself in Fishball (though I prefer cats to dogs, though her Pomeranian Biscuit is cute as hell), and how I long for a relationship like the one she has with her giant nerd boyfriend - her funny, charmingly awkward and hot AF giant nerd boyfriend!
There are also sad, touching and poignant comic episodes near the end; it's not all stupid laughs. There are important things to learn while reading 'My Giant Nerd Boyfriend', such as: appreciate the time you have with your loved ones, because nothing lasts forever. Love and appreciate the people in your life, and the people who helped raise you into the amazing person you are today, for they love you so, so much.
Did not expect that from something like 'My Giant Nerd Boyfriend', but I'm glad it was made and included, in this collected volume.
Although, I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as the webcomic references covid-19 throughout, and it is depicted/treated with humour, heart, helpfulness, self-love and community.
Similar webcomics:
'Adulthood Is a Myth (A "Sarah's Scribbles" Collection)'
'What's Up, Beanie?: Acutely Relatable Comics'
'I Left the House Today!'
'Fangs'
'The Secret Loves of Geek Girls'
'My Giant Nerd Boyfriend, Vol. 1: Big Love in Small Moments' by Yen Ee, aka Fishball - get right on down and read it, and prepare to laugh, cry, and love.
Final Score: 3.5/5
No comments:
Post a Comment