Wednesday 12 October 2016

Non-Fiction Book Review - 'Adulthood Is a Myth (A "Sarah's Scribbles" Collection)' by Sarah Andersen

2020 EDIT: Reread - over and over again. Still hilarious AF. So cuddly, adorable and freaking funny.

Final Score: 5/5 (as always)





Original Review:



Never have I come across something maybe-autobiographical that's so adorable and relatable. Adorably relatable describes 'Adulthood Is a Myth (A "Sarah's Scribbles" Collection)' perfectly, all wrapped up in a nice cosy jumper in winter (tea and hot chocolate with marshmallows included).

The goofy, slice-of-life, everyday aspects and musings of Sarah Andersen in her modern life - that're sweetly, cartoonishly-drawn in every panel - are, and I know this is a cliché but I'm saying it anyway, they are totally me. I feel 'Adulthood Is a Myth' was made for me; each page like a dream turned into reality. Taking selfies of yourself only for them to reveal all the flaws on your face, being a solitary bookworm, and a naturally fast walker impatient of slow people - oh my goodness, who is this woman stalking me!?!!!!haha!!!!!

'Adulthood Is a Myth' is outstanding in depicting the contemporary world through the eyes of young people - millennials like me - from an artist who completely understands. Quarter-life crises shouldn't be so OTT funny! Someone should make a sitcom out of this.

Love with bunnies, cats, art, the internet, notebooks, introverts forced to talk to people, procrastinating, getting up in the morning, spending too much money, reading too much, and inconvenient lady things, like periods. I'm happy I finally got round to reading 'Adulthood Is a Myth' - it is so true!

Final Score: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment