Wednesday 25 November 2020

Graphic Novel Review - 'Adventure Time: Marceline the Pirate Queen (Adventure Time: Original Graphic Novel #13)' by Leah Williams (Writer), Zachary Sterling (Artist), Laura Langston (Colours), Various

2022 EDIT: From my 'Adventure Time: Marceline Gone Adrift' review:

Well I've watched the entirety of the 'Adventure Time' cartoon. It's great. It's revolutionary. But for some reason my interest in the comics has waned, much like how I'm no longer as much interested in quite a few other comic series, book series, and single books in my bookshelf clear-out. It seems I've just forgotten about them, or have become indifferent to them, and I have no overwhelming passion and desire to reread them. I've always been particularly picky and fussy with what I read and own, anyhow. Making more room, less clutter. And maybe 'Adventure Time' works best for a medium like TV.

Farewell, 'Adventure Time' comics.

Still adore Marceline.





Original Review:



AWWWWWWWWWW YEAH, an epic and fun adventure comic with Marceline the Vampire Queen as a pirate queen! (BMO is with her, too, not Finn and Jake - the cover lies. In fact they're not in the book at all). Here be ghosts, swords, skeletons, a dragon, a maze, antigravity, and a little Bubbline too! (They're still "just friends" at this stage, though).

'Adventure Time: Marceline the Pirate Queen' - proof that Marceline doesn't need to play music and carry her guitar/blade with her everywhere she goes to be awesome. She can achieve anything! for her Bonnibel Bubblegum! What stolen item has a desperate Bubblegum sent Marceline to retrieve for her from across the seas? Read and find out!

Final Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment