Sunday 29 September 2019

Scribble #99

It always smells clean in this neighbourhood, among these orange, brown and white brick houses with the prettiest, most well-kept gardens and trimmed hedges you've ever seen.
   I made sure to go out when it's warm and the sun is welcoming. No sound except for the occasional bird trilling and singing, and the passing car. My trainers on the smooth gravel as I walk the pavements too, if I pay attention to anything other than what might be happening through the windows in other people's houses.
   A cat sitting on a windowsill here, a television on there. The sun sometimes reflects off the glass and I can't look.  If I dared to I'd feel the prickly hedges at the white or brown wooden gates. Its living green blending in with a tree that has just been cut down and nailed to make a tiny fortress.
   What a world, what a walk. To see my neighbours without actually having to talk to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment