Saturday, 19 September 2026

September Moon - 'Warriors of Legend'

WELCOME TO SEPTEMBER MOON! 🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙🌙




I admit this was a last minute addition, to cap off the month of 'Sailor Moon'.

'Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon' is reading material that isn't manga, and it's an unauthorised indie book. But I reckoned it deserves a spot in September Moon - a short nonfiction book that can be read in one afternoon, containing interesting facts and details (as of the time of its publication in 2005) about not just 'Sailor Moon', but Naoko Takeuchi, and the country both she and her creation were born. It explores the various influences, mythologies, cultures and histories that helped make the most popular magical girl manga and the anime in the world what they are, during the '90s zeitgeist of Japan, and Tokyo.

'Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon', by Jay Navok and Sushil K. Rudranath - it's... rough, and not always accurate, but it's a nice little jumping-on point of research for fans of 'Sailor Moon', and Japan and its culture and history.

Read my rereview here for more.



And it is here where September Moon comes to an end... kind of.

I have one more book inclusion for tomorrow, but it's a surprise treat, and not technically, directly related to 'Sailor Moon'. It won't be a reread and rereview - I already reviewed it this year.

It'll only be on my blogpost, with the review link, as a simple reminder of the magical girl series' impact on the world of pop culture.

But until that reveal, I leave you with this message:

On September Moon drawing to a close, on a self-published nonfiction, indie, info and reflection book, instead of a manga:

I had fun this month. I hope other people also enjoyed reading about me reexperiencing one of my most beloved, cherished, childhood classic franchises, in 2026. Perhaps they've learned some useful and heartfelt things along the way.

Let 'Sailor Moon' live on in our hearts and minds, forever.

Happy September Moon - for every moon, of every month, every year. Every millennium.

In the name of the Moon, let's not be sad to say goodbye, but smile (and go ahead and cry) that we got to meet at all. As warm, personal, light-and-hope-filled heavenly bodies - star seeds, with our own Sailor Crystals inside our chests, everchanging and shifting in the vast expanse of the universe, but always attracted to, and gravitating towards one another, as communities of stars. Unique, individual, and lovely stars, that are never alone.

Thank you, Naoko Takeuchi, for your beautiful, wonderful, astronomical, celestial, otherworldly, varied, inspirational, influential, timeless creation.

And thank you, everyone.

Love you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment