Sunday 22 December 2019

Scribble #110

Stay away from toxic fanbases. Stay away from entitled, toxic fanbases. Stay away from any group that associates power with hate in order to fuel itself. Stay away from any group - and person - who purportedly call themselves fans of something when they passionately, blindly hate as part of their fanbase's identity. It is a dangerous, not to mention woefully ignorant, identity to be well known for. Childish entitlement is how toxicity spreads. Ignore these types of people - they are not worth your time and energy. Life is too short for constant hate and negativity. I've been culling greatly the content creators I follow on the internet for these reasons. I can't follow anyone I'm weary of and who I can't trust anymore. More positivity, sensitivity, astuteness, calm and consideration on the internet and from critics, please.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again: No criticism is gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment