Friday 12 February 2016

Book Review - 'Felicity Wishes: Friendship and Fairyschool' by Emma Thomson

How strange that it is only recently I began to remember this, and now I can't stop thinking about it. Nostalgia is a powerful magic. 

'Felicity Wishes: Friendship and Fairyschool' is a creative delight of a pop-up book, especially for someone like me who loved fairies, female friendships and boarding schools as a child. It is very girly, smiley and sparkly, but is innocent and colourful in its approach. The book's practically filled with fairy dust! Its important lessons on caring and helping others - learning to be self-confident as well as socially-assured - are well executed.

'Felicity Wishes' (such a lovely name for a fairy) and its vibrant sweetness had cheered me up and made me feel like I belonged somewhere when I was a weird, awkward and lonely girl at school. I hope maybe to revisit this fairyschool someday, like a reunion, so as to relive that youthful hope and benignity once more. For it is sadly easy to become mean and cynical nowadays.

Final Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment