Saturday 31 October 2020

November 2020 Update

I've been feeling very ill, and down and depressed lately - I know, no doubt a LOT of people around the world feel like that right now. I know I'm not a special snowflake. We are all in this together.

But before I try to spread positivity and hope...

I haven't been in the mood do so much. I'm losing my interest in reading books; in a year of continuous rereading, I am no longer driven to read at all. There are just...so many disappointments. So much dryness. And no matter how good the stories I read are, I am still trapped in my house and hometown. This month, there is very likely to be another nationwide lockdown enforced in my country. Even introverts have limits. Even we need human interaction, connectedness, compassion and warmth. I love change and progress in environment and life circumstances. But I know that's not possible at the moment. It's the same old, same old, over and over again. 

I don't think I can't count reading as my hobby and inclination anymore, unless it's rereading old favourites when I have the time. Maybe I've merely dumbing down because of my overindulgence of films, graphic novels and YouTube. Maybe the spark will shine again someday. Who knows what the future will bring.

But enough moping and complaining about something I have no control over, here's this:

For November I am planning a Netflix binge, so I might update on what films and shows I watch. These include: Unicorn Store, The Half of It, To All the Boys I've Loved BeforeKipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts, Carmen SandiegoThe Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and perhaps more. Including rewatching She-Ra and the Princesses of Power

I am also going to redo my Top Favourite Male Characters list. There is much to update on that!



I might as well add updates to my other lists here:


Top Fictional Geek Girls - now includes Velma Dinkley (Scooby-Doo) and Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum (Adventure Time).

Top Favourite Fictional Witches - now includes the cast of The Owl House and Sabrina Spellman.

Top GOOD Chick Flicks - now includes Ice Princess (2005), Dirty Dancing (1987) and 9 To 5 (1980).



People: Continue to live happily, lovingly and safely, and always think of others. Connect with the people you love and hold dear. Look out for each other always. Think of what you can do to effect positive change for the future, no matter how small. Actions have consequences. You matter, and so does everyone else; think about how your own actions could benefit the lives of yourself and others. For a happy, safe, fulfilling life.

Take care, and stay safe. Remember to love. 

Love: Nothing and no one can take that away, ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment