Saturday 3 October 2020

Book Review - 'W.I.T.C.H. Guide to Friends' by Parke Godwin, HarperCollins Children's Books

A simple little 'W.I.T.C.H.' product from HarperCollins for young children; that at least celebrates, and gives good advice about, female friendships, and how important they are. It even talks about friendships with boys; that different sexes can just be platonic companions is another vital lesson to teach kids.

'W.I.T.C.H. Guide to Friends' is less about 'W.I.T.C.H.' (the supernatural part, anyway, except for the 'The Oracle Says...' segments), and is more a life advice book for schoolkids. For preteens. But any 'W.I.T.C.H.' fan will like to see these girls - as individual characters (their personalities and voices are distinctive), and how they bond together and give out advice. Elyon gets a mention, as well; the people who put this together do have an inkling of who and what they are talking about when presenting a 'W.I.T.C.H.' book.

It's quite charming and funny. A classic nostalgia trip.

Female bonds are magical, and for forever!

Final Score: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment