Thursday 7 March 2019

Scribble #88

When I was little, I used to imagine a lot of things, for my own happiness and amusement. And for writing. But what I liked to imagine especially are my own characters in existing TV series, usually cartoons. These extra characters of my own creation would always make the shows better - well, a few of them, and in my mind. They would have the most common sense out of all the idiot cast (seriously, how stupid were some of the shows we grew up watching?). And they would always be female, because an extra female in a cast never hurt anyone, and the more the greater. She would be a true feminist icon and aspiration model.

Actually, I've been doing this all my life. I still like to imagine one or two of these characters making their respective shows much better, more feminist, for me. I even like to imagine subsequent, sequel shows and cartoons out of existing ones. There exists in my head the children of the characters of the cartoons I watched as a kid, in their own adventures and struggles and development. Their shows are very good, dare I say revolutionary, dare I say so myself. I used to do this for video games as well!

Is this just me? Am I mad? My head is full of vivid, weird crap. Always has been.

Sometimes my own imagination is the best television channel I've ever had.

Maybe it's about time I try writing these characters into my own original stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment