Saturday 19 January 2019

Manga Review - 'Fruits Basket Collector's Edition, Vol. 1' by Natsuki Takaya

2022 EDIT: From my 'Fruits Basket, Vol. 1' review:

Changing my rating to fit my mood and views nowadays. I'm not as passionate or excited about, or as fond of, this series as I used to be. Perceptions and feelings change upon reflection overtime, regardless of nostalgia, which can be fleeting, and that's fine. Growing up, revaluating and reprioritising things are fine. I need to declutter, anyway. The manga remains a classic, nonetheless.

Final Score: 4/5





Original Review:



So many years. I almost forgot how happy this series made me. It's not just nostalgia: it makes me experience happiness and warmth all over again. 

Friendship, family, love, drama, comedy, heartbreak, courage, the importance of kindness, fantastic character development, wonderful and expressive artwork; it's all here. All you may ever need. 

'Fruits Basket' - Positive and cute, and dark and sharp. Depicting the best and worst of humans in a story about the Chinese Zodiac animals.

See my other review of the manga series here: Fruits Basket overall

Snow melts and fades in time. Memories become cloudy and foggy. Beautiful feelings and support from others last forever.

Remember, the sun will always rise for another day.

And a rice ball can be a part of a fruits basket, nestled in cosily.

Final Score: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment