Saturday 16 September 2017

Pink Land

When I was little, my brother and I played with our toys together, and we would enact in our own fantasy worlds. My room, my world - where all my action figures and character dolls lived - was called, creatively enough, Pink Land. It was populated entirely by females; and this was before I'd even heard of Amazons or any kind of feminist doctrine or activism. I just liked pink and kick ass girls, and didn't think the two things contradicted each other at all.

Today I thought I'd go back to my childhood for a bit and return to Pink Land once more, with updated characters and ethics. Though women rule in Pink Land - and very well I might add - and it is a monarchy, men are welcome to share and live peacefully in this not-so-fantasy, female-friendly paradise as well. Where learning, knowledge and books on all things are freely given. Where everyone is seen as equal, and all views and experiences are seen as valid, and where everyone gets a chance to speak and act, and be listened to. Where nature is respected and preserved, and any kind of study and practice (art, cultural, religious, spiritual, ritual, health, scientific, exploration, etc.) can be enacted, so long as no harm is done to people, animals and the environment. Pink Land - a rainbow land regardless of its name - could be a democracy that actually does work!

Here are my favourite existing characters who are in Pink Land, and what their roles are within this society: Who make it what it is.

This is made just for fun. And for geekiness. Think of it as a sequel sister to my Fairy Pokemon Trainer post.




Pink Land





Palace Staff!


Empress: Elphaba ('Wicked' musical)

Second in command, Mentor: Elsa ('Frozen')

Assistant, Adviser, Informant, Librarian: Belle ('Beauty and the Beast')



Teams for crime fighting and civilian protection, all flexible!



Team 1:


Wonder Woman/Diana (Leader, and ambassador)

Batgirl (Techie, also part-time teacher))

Sailor Moon

Hermione Granger (also part-time teacher, and apprentice to Belle)

Pink Power Ranger (whichever, they're all great)

Moana (also diplomat)



Team 2:


Captain Marvel/Carol Danvers (Leader, scientist, and diplomat)

Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan

Rey ('Star Wars') (Techie, among other things)

Mikasa Ackerman ('Attack on Titan')

Merida ('Brave')

Mulan (also diplomat)



Jokers/Villains: 


Harley Quinn

Homura Akemi ('Puella Magi Madoka Magica')





Interesting turnabout? Welcome to Pink Land!



No comments:

Post a Comment