Sunday 10 April 2016

Scribble #29

Creeks are great. Trickle, trickle. Creeks are great for jumping across, to hang onto tree trunks and branches, and land in mud on the other side. To slide and step carefully down the slopes by the streams in the stinging, prickling, twiggy, leafy woods. An adventure!

I leaned against a tree down by the neighbourhood pathway that's fenced, where a stream flows/ It was late afternoon, and so peaceful. So warm, and magical. It was nice to just relax on my back, and face the sky, in the wood. I didn't care if it was messy or untoward; I only felt like doing it, so I did it, and I am wonderfully glad of it.

Oh look, a magpie and a pigeon have made friends.

Just been walking, out in the cloudy day. I went down a different neighbourhood than usual and saw a house with a nice, neat front garden. I thought of just knocking on the door, asking to be invited in, feeling warm and welcome and comforted somewhere. Not a stranger anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment