Saturday 2 April 2016

Scribble #24

"The butler didn't do it. The plumber did."

"Time moves so fast when you don't want it to, and too slow when the reverse is true. Sometimes it happens simultaneously, and catches you off guard before you know it. Time is a cosmic bitch, a universal mockery that may not even be real to begin with. Is the sense of time something invented by the fearful and pushy man? Oh the mockery. It runs full circle."

"Literally living on the edge - of a countryside cliff."

"Sudden, sullen dreams and awakenings. A quick, mundane resurrection."

"Rainbow soap suds in the sink; the sunlight hovering through the window. How abnormally sparkly, this washing-up day."

"Here; now is forever."

"Flower petal cheeks."

"Sunset-shade complexion."

"Corpse complexion."



Did I dream, or simply but very vividly imagine, of a man screaming twice in succession outside my house last night?

I once dreamt I flew a kite. It actually stayed off the ground and floated and shifted in the air high above me. And in a childish, carefree glee that I thought I had forgotten about so long ago, I loved it. I wanted to fly with the kite, aimlessness and all.

Believe in others, but most of all believe in yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment