Wednesday 26 July 2023

Book Review - 'The Girl Who Loves Bugs' by Lily Murray (Writer), Jenny Løvlie (Illustrator)

A lovely, funny, colourful and cartoony picture book about a little girl who loves bugs. A girl after my own heart indeed!

The only insects I've ever been afraid of are bees and wasps (flies just annoy me, the useless, pointless, disease-carrying pests). I love spiders, moths, maggots, worms, glow-worms, millipedes, centipedes, stick insects, and caterpillars, as well as the "prettier" butterflies, ladybirds, and fireflies. Creepy crawlies, snug-as-bugs-in-a-rug - you name it, I won't shy away from or hesitate near them, when I would everything else. I have always been weird, and proud of it! I love exploring different aspects of life, and living creatures. Amazing.

'The Girl Who Loves Bugs' by Lily Murray and Jenny Løvlie - adorable and inspiring. And chockfull of bugs! AND the girl has two mums! Recommended!

Final Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment