Thursday 30 June 2022

2022 Update 2

Just the last of my Netflix updates since I finally cancelled my subscription a few days ago:

I saw four TV series this month - Vampire in the Garden (I didn't think I'd ever watch another anime again after so many disappointments), First Kill, A Tale Dark & Grimm, and Dead End: Paranormal Park - and only the latter two I would say are definitely worth watching (not that Vampire in the Garden and First Kill are bad... sometimes... as they contain their own very good points, and you can go watch them if they interest you, absolutely; it's just that in terms of overall satisfaction, investment, enjoyment, and good writing, A Tale Dark & Grimm and Dead End: Paranormal Park are the superior shows that left me wanting more [and western animation keeps getting better and better, doesn't it?! πŸ˜„πŸ₯°]). 

Through another slew of mostly horrible, horrible movies, the only ones I can say I liked or even loved are Till Death, EmmaThe Craft: Legacy, and Saint Frances; plus a rewatch of Unicorn Store and The Half of It (still love the former, the latter not so much, but it remains good), and the first two Kung Fu Panda movies, just for fun. I also watched and loved the film Spencer (Kristen Stewart is Princess Diana. Robert Pattinson is Batman. The Twilight films are officially irrelevant and obsolete. If there ever was a typecast curse, it was beaten raw and bloody and buried to the core of the earth long ago.)

Really, the only things I may get back to Netflix for in the future are season 2 of Arcane: League of Legends, that Wednesday TV series (adore Wednesday Addams, though I am very iffy/concerned about Tim Burton directing it), and maybe The School for Good and Evil film adaptation, even though I hate the book with an infernal passion that can only grow from something once beloved, back when I was so, so naΓ―ve and impressionable.

Well, that's that. Who knows what crap or not-crap I'll see soon, and then update you on.

Again, Happy Pride Month. Happy Pride Year all around, every year, every month, every day. Never give up the good fight, for equality for all πŸ’‘πŸ‘¬πŸ‘­πŸ‘ͺπŸ˜ŠπŸ˜πŸ’—πŸ’–πŸ’“



No comments:

Post a Comment