Friday 31 December 2021

December 2021 Update

Welp. Goodbye 2021.

As well as a Best and Worst Books list, I was going to do a favourite Christmas movie list. But I realised that I didn't have a lot to include, and also the term "Christmas movie" could apply to any film that's set in winter, or if it happens to have ice or snow in it. Marketing and fanbase influence may have a hand in that. Some movies are considered "Christmassy" because they're classic family musicals that are traditionally broadcasted on TV every year in the holiday season. So I chose not to embarrass myself. I chose not to showcase what an ignorant newb I am when it comes to the movies and the pop culture scene. I am no guru. I'm just another person on the internet with a blog.

Speaking of, there really isn't much to update on in my pop culture consuming life this month, excepting the dozen or so graphic novel reviews I wrote (wow that was a surprise). I watched the second season of Centaurworld, and I highly recommend the two new Christmas products, Single All the Way and Robin Robin - and now I have cancelled my Netflix subscription. As I have cancelled every one of my streaming subscriptions. I haven't seen much good on them, including Netflix, for a long while, apart from the latter two abovementioned stuff, and I want to cut down on the excess media I exhaust myself in keeping up to date with. I especially won't watch any more new TV series', at least for a long time, as I find that, in my humble opinion, most shows are in fact rubbish, overly long, overly indulgent, and don't age well. I am completely immune to the sunk cost fallacy. I'm not interested in any new and upcoming films at the moment, either. 

I'm burned out. I'm jaded. I'm done. I wash my hands, hair and entire body of it all. It's not satisfying to me, and it's not making me happy, nor mentally and emotionally sound. I want to save my money for other things in my life.

Disney can continue to go screw itself, too.

I won't be making any more monthly updates on this blog. Not for 2022; the sparing year where I, now in my thirties, will try not to use the internet, nor social media, so much, and I will not watch too much telly, thank you very much. I will only add what I want, when I want to, if I feel it's interesting enough. Healthy living!

Happy New Year, whatever the hell that even means anymore in these times.

But in all seriousness, Happy New Year to you all. Happy New Year, for a new beginning, for a new life. For new hope. For we must keep going, keep caring, keep being aware of what's happening in the world, keep being active, and keep hoping. For things to get better.






Happy New Year.

And fuck capitalism.



Love to you all,

From witchy feminist, Artemis Crescent πŸŒ™☽☾



No comments:

Post a Comment