Thursday 31 December 2020

New Year Message 2020

Happy New Year. Or try for one. Try to keep going and move forward. It's all we can do.

That's all I've got. 2020 doesn't deserve a big commemorative message. It doesn't deserve anything. I'm living in the UK right now and there are fireworks going off outside, but there is absolutely nothing to celebrate here.

When you're at your lowest point, hope is all you have. So I mean it in earnest when I say: Never give up hope. Hope is part of being human.

I won't bother to make any final lists to close the year out, like I did in the past. Why should I, when no one visits this blog anyway?

According to Goodreads I've read 200 books in 2020, and some of them are rereads. Surprise that I had a lot of free time on my hands this year.

I hardly have any plans for 2021, and that includes reading more books. There's only a few that are yet to be published that I've got my eye on, but that's it. I've pretty much given up reading, unless I'm rereading old favourites if I've got nothing else I want to do. No looking forward to seeing any movies, either. Toxic fandoms and people (especially towards movies with female protagonists) are still a thing. So is misogyny. We have learned nothing. 

I don't care anymore.

I'm completely drained.

Well, that's all for 2020. And for Artemis Crescent's blog; I'll post much less frequently from now on.

2021 - Let us always hope for a better future, if not a better year.

Take care, and good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment