Friday 25 December 2020

Christmas 2020 Update

Hope you all had a lovely day and night, spent however you want it, despite everything this year. We'll manage, as we always do. We'll get through this, as we've always had. See my Christmas message here.

So my area is in lockdown - for the third time. I'm spending Christmas and the New Year in quarantine. To see my family in person and on Zoom and other devices is a blessing.

I've watched films and shorts on Netflix - my recent favourites being The Willoughbys and Enola Holmes. Most notably I've been binging Christmas movies and specials, a lot of them I never saw as a child for whatever reason. Some are bad, some are outright, painfully terrible, some are mediocre, but some I have enjoyed. These hits have helped to put me in the festive holiday spirit - the spirit of giving, of warmth, of love, and of positivity and caring in the darkest of times - which I know I can never give up on. I have loved classics such as Miracle on 34th Street (1947), How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (1966), and Arthur Christmas.

And for the first time ever, I saw a Barbie movie! No, I've seen seven! Barbie in the Nutcracker, Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus, and Barbie and the Three Musketeers are my favourites. They're really not bad, and can be good entertainment for kids - boys and girls and nonbinary people.

I've also recently watched the anime Zombie Land Saga (wow how long has it been since I sat down and watched an anime?), and Hilda season two. And I'm reading a string of disappointing books. What a happy year that won't ultimately drain the bookworm spirit out of me, if not the Christmas spirit!

That is my update for Christmas; as we near the end of the year. 

Seasons greetings. As always, stay safe. Stay strong. Stay selfless. Stay caring. 

Never give up hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment