Thursday 7 November 2019

Graphic Novel Review - 'The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins' by Clint McElroy, Griffin McElroy, Justin McElroy, Travis McElroy, Carey Pietsch (Artist)

2023 EDIT: Part of my 2023 clear-up, of books I no longer like, or am no longer interested in, or remember well as standing out, or find as special anymore, or I otherwise will not miss.

Final Score: 3.5/5





Original Review:



"Abraca-FUCK YOU!"



And that my friends, is how you make a fan.

'The Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins' is a fun, hilarious and boisterous comic. It is definitely not for children. It took me a while, but I ended up enjoying it immensely. It has something even for non-D&D and tabletop players, like me, and for non-podcast listeners, like me. Apparently I'm a newb who's missed out.

Amid this satirical lark and treat, there's no romance (though there is LBGTQ coding), and nobody is sexualised; least of all the admittedly few female characters. How refreshing for nerd fantasy! For fantasy in general!

There's no need to roll the dice on 'The Adventure Zone': Go into it fresh, and keep going, and have a good time. Recommended for gamers and fantasy fans. And for people who are looking for adult animated comedy entertainment with genuine humour and substance.

Final Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment