Monday 25 November 2019

Frozen II post

Saw 'Frozen II' today - and based on the first viewing, I really like it. It's enjoyable from beginning to end. Funny and heartfelt (oh how I've warmed to Olaf!), with beautifully animated scenes that legitimately took my break away - that almost never happens with me nowadays. Whatever is lacking in diverse rep (there is a little of the awful White Saviour plot), it does what good sequels do in that it expands the lore and world of the original. Any questions that are answered don't feel forced. Love all the women and sisterhood present. Female power, and both unity and community; all in one. A true leafy, autumn film as well (are there any others?) - with Aurora borealis (insert 'The Simpsons' gag here). Crescendo! Now I've got a 'Frozen' cushion!

No comments:

Post a Comment