Thursday 6 June 2019

Scribble #94

I guess I wasn't born with, or built for, that ability that so many people seem to have of hiding their true feelings and thoughts. I've always been sensitive, and honest. Though a quiet person, I wear my heart on my sleeve, and I don't see that as a flaw; as open to vulnerability and hurt as that makes me. I'm moody, sulky, and my emotions can change at a drop of a hat. I feel strongly, and I can't hide that about myself very well. I haven't got that suppression thing figured out to a T. I'm good at exploring inside my own head, and on the outside, what you see is what you get.

I'm an open book in a closed-off, ignorant, cynical world.

Lying, cheating, stealing, slandering, and hurting other people in any way makes me physically ill. I can't do those dishonest and morally repugnant things, and I don't want to. It's just not in my nature. Helping others, and making their lives brighter whenever it's possible for me to do so, is my foundation, my lifeline. I believe in compassion.

"Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself." There's happiness and love in there.

The world would be a much better place if more of us were honest about yourselves, and with each other. It's healthy. I would rather be hated for being myself, than liked because of a lie. Love cannot be bought.

I know I'm nowhere near perfect - I can be selfish, lazy, boring, stupid, childish, hypocritical, confused, anxious, scared, and insecure as well as sensitive - but that's what I like about us humans. We have so many faults, and the capacity to change for the better. For others.

Also, we should apologise more. I don't know why we've developed an aversion to say the word, "Sorry". This is especially true of adult authority figures. Owning up to our mistakes, admitting that we are each human and vulnerable and flawed, with not everything figured out, is the first step towards an honest, happy world for everyone.

A daily reminder: You are not alone. You are loved and cared for, warts and all. And there is nothing to be ashamed of in asking for help with our problems. In our times of need.

Honesty, empathy, community, and compassion are key.

No comments:

Post a Comment