Thursday 31 March 2022

Manga Review - 'Sailor Moon, Vol. 1 (Bishōjo Senshi Sailor Moon #1)' by Naoko Takeuchi

2024 REREAD: Yay! I have my own copy again! And I actually managed to get it extremely cheap online! Glad I waited!

This earliest English language, Chix Comix/MixxZine/Tokyopop, pocket-sized edition of the first volume of the 'Sailor Moon' manga is a must for all 'Sailor Moon' fans, early translated cringe and cheesiness and all!

I love it.

Moon Prism Nostalgia Power Make-Up!

Final Score: 3.5/5





Original Review:



Of course I once owned this first translated volume series - up until the point the out-of-print rubbish became too expensive to purchase online; I was a silly, obsessive, frivolous and selfish young teen but even I had my limits - before the retranslated, uncut release in 2011. This point in history was when the dreams of myself and so many others came true - our prayers were finally answered - and we could collect the entire 'Sailor Moon' manga series widely, cheaply, easily, and in good, faithful condition/editions (and let's not forget the 'Eternal' editions).

It's about time I added the first, miniature, rough, flipped and wrong-names English translation of one of my favourite manga - and one of my favourite franchises - of all time, in here, for old time's sake. Even though I don't own it anymore. What lovely, imperfect nostalgia.



Read my review of the first volume of the 'Renewal Edition' here.

Read my review of the first volume of the 'Eternal Edition' here.

Read my review of the nonfiction book 'Warriors of Legend: Reflections of Japan in Sailor Moon' here.

You know what? For fountains more of my writing my gushing, star-studded love for 'Sailor Moon', click here.



Final Score: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment