Monday 31 January 2022

Wolfwalkers post

So.

I've finally seen Wolfwalkers.

It took me over a year.

It felt like forever; for me to be able to see it - and own it. I didn't want to subscribe to and pay for Apple TV+ just to watch one film. But hallelujah, a Blu-ray disc came in the post and, at last, I saw it today.

It was worth the wait. It's a very good film. It's right up my alley, not just in its rich quality, but in terms of aesthetics, tastes, features and themes. It's a heartfelt treat for the eyes and ears. It's magical. 

Speaking of, I always thought that animation is the closest we get to seeing real magic on the screen - it is a medium with literally no limitations - and Wolfwalkers and a few of Cartoon Saloon's other films work hard to showcase this. It's also great that 2D animated films are still being made, and are lauded for their efforts in creativity, originality and vibrancy. They're as potentially beautiful - and necessary - as any art style. 

I love animation. I love three dimensional and fleshed out female protagonists. I love mythology and tales. I love animals. I love wolves. I love mother-and-daughter relationships. I love father-and-daughter relationships.

Yeah, go Wolfwalkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment