Monday 31 May 2021

May 2021 Update

Not much to report this month. Personally it's all been kind of a mess, but at the same time slow, steady, orderly and according to plan. May wasn't as bad as I'd thought it was, looking back, is what I mean. In between my work hours I got a lot of rereading done, for better or worse, with little telly and film time.

I saw five more Barbie movies - six if you count the freaking inane, fanfiction-y, nonstory and noncharacter nothing that is the 1987 Barbie and the Rockers special (ahh nostalgia, the ultimate betrayer). Then there's The Shape of Water, a few bad animated films on YouTube out of curiosity, all of Samurai Jack, and Dora and the Lost City of Gold. In the end, nothing much to write home about, or was quite disappointing, in my opinion, but I'm glad of the experiences - lost or newfound.


Book rereads:

A Monster Calls - Read review here.

The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate - Read review here.

Akata Witch - Read review here.

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda - Read review here.

Gregor the Overlander - Read review here.

The Little Shop of Happy Ever After - Read review here.

Captain Marvel: Higher, Further, Faster - Read review here.


Another positive I can share about my life is that this is the month I got a new double bed! It's awesome! It barely fits in my small bedroom but I love it! I've always needed a better night's sleep! I also went to my local library for the first time in months.

That is all from me, for now. Always and continue to stay safe, careful, happy, kind, caring and compassionate.



No comments:

Post a Comment