Wednesday 29 March 2017

Book Review - 'Harry Potter: The Prequel (Harry Potter, #0.5)' by J.K. Rowling

2023 EDIT: Part of my 2023 clear-up, of books I no longer like, or am no longer interested in, or remember well as standing out, or find as special anymore, or I otherwise will not miss.

[I think I have finally outgrown this series and fandom, and I can no longer in good conscience support it, thanks to She-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. My once-love of the franchise has turned sour; I am disenchanted, disinterested, and I can't look at it fondly anymore. I will always have the memories, but not the books.]

Final Score: 4/5





Original Review:



Harry Potter Reviews


The Prequel



800 words describing the Marauders James Potter and Sirius Black getting into trouble with Muggle cops, from the cops' point of view. That's it. That's the story, or event; what this "prequel" is about.

But Merlin's beard is it the most entertaining 800 words you're going to read this week. J.K. Rowling's penmanship - published online - for charity is a few minutes of pure fun. She writes so well, and her dialogue and observations are hilarious. James and Sirius are mysterious, rapscallion troublemakers, and the best of friends.

Rowling actually got me to like a prequel to something, and to want so much more of it. It's too short - just what is going on, anyway? Oh bothering, bollocking, pillocking bastards and broomsticks!

A good laugh for 'Harry Potter' fans. You've got nothing to lose.



Harry Potter: The Prequel:


Final Score: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment