Friday 20 January 2017

Scribble #42

We all have had different sorts of guests in our different homes in our lifetime - family, friends, animals, lovers, interviewers, contractors, solicitors, charity workers, lodgers, neighbours, estate agents, and even ghosts. Just as we've been house guests to others' private and public abode. As anyone (for me, I was a university student). Those people may also have had animals, insects and ghosts visit them. Unlike living humans, they tend to come unexpectedly.

Homes are shelters for anyone to live and feel safe in, for a time. So many guests, I can't decide which to mention specifically. A pleasant guest, not the dead birds and rodents my cat brought in occasionally when she was young and fit. Maybe I'll say the best was my boyfriend, the first time in my house since we got together. He didn't seem to mind that my home since I was a toddler wasn't as clean and tidy as his own (yeah I visited his house as a guest first), so that was nice.

Home sweet home - no matter where, it is yours. Kick out anyone you want! Even the ghosts.

No comments:

Post a Comment