Sunday 28 February 2021

February 2021 Update

Not much happened for me during lockdown this month. When I'm not rereading books, and buying rubbish off of eBay, I'm staying fit and healthy by walking around my area nearly every day. The weather is getting very sunny and warm quickly, making this task easier. I miss being with people, and talking to other humans who are not my immediate family, and I say that as an introvert.

The good news (?) is that I very well might go back to work in mid April, and more restrictions in the UK will ease from there. Could I learn to trust governments if this works and we'll not have another spike and lockdown? We're receiving millions of vaccinations now, at least. It may be my turn in July. Progress?

In terms of the films and television I watched in Feb, I watched a little of New Girl and The Good Place. But alas, it looks like most TV is not for me.

It seems that most books are no longer for me, either. Am I too jaded, cynical and easily bored as I'm reaching thirty? I guess I've learned some hard lessons, that life is too short and unpredictable to read and/or view something you don't enjoy; that doesn't make you happy.

(I have read, or tried to read, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares and The Queen's Gambit. The Netflix shows are much better.)

I'll leave off this month's update by linking to the rereviews of the old books I've reread. You can read them if you wish.

Stay safe. Stay at home. And remember that you are loved. You matter. You have value. You are important.





The Tail of Emily Windsnap - Read review here.


The Dragon with a Chocolate Heart - Read review here.


Skellig - Read review here.


The Other Alice - Read review here.


The Goose Girl - Read review here.


Drink, Slay, Love - Read review here.


Annie on My Mind - Read review here.






A Gathering Light - Read review here.


Paradise Lost - Read review here.


Dracula - Read review here.





No comments:

Post a Comment