Saturday 12 March 2016

Scribble #21

Silence in the house. Only the dripping coming from the kitchen faucet. It is peaceful, a comforting sign that time still ticks, that I still exist to hear it. I am alive, and to me, when I  myself cease to tick, time will at last stop. But that's not true. Time will keep going on outside of my own life, forever, for all eternity. With no one able to keep it in check or track it towards the end of the universe. We cannot keep it in a piece of clockwork or in a bowl, unlike drops of water from a faucet.

Time itself has no clock in which to contain it. It will stop ticking eventually. But we have clocks: we always make them, and record time everywhere.

Criticism, and learning how and why you should critique works of art - heck, any work at all - is important. It can help you improve your own art.

"Revising and studying thoroughly; it's like brushing your teeth."

"We humans are amazing creatures. We are continuously fascinated by the past, and yet we learn nothing from it."

"I would try to understand your point of view, but I love my sanity too much."

"Children are not childproof." - copyright Janet Temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment