Monday 31 October 2022

2022 Halloween Update (or lack thereof)

I would firstly like to apologise. I haven't been in the best of moods for Halloween. I've hardly watched any movies, and I wasn't invited to any costume parties, fairs or dos. It's bad. Very bad. And scary, and not in the appropriate sense.

It's been a tremendously, unbelievably shit year, and this month especially has hit me with many hard blows personally. I've been very depressed. Nothing is going right. I want to stay positive, but I don't want to deny reality either. That's not a healthy or safe way to live, either.

How we as a species are meant to survive when we have suddenly, aggressively refused to progress... and why we can't just love, care and respect each other already - it's madness. It's all scarier than any horror film or imagined creature ever thought up by man, woman, enby, and child of all genders and ethnicities.

Still, I had enough of the witchy and orange pumpkin spirit in me on this particular day to be the only person dressed up at my work, and be the envy of everyone else as a result. I wore my pumpkin and black cat jumper, black cat earrings, purple lipstick, amethyst jewel necklace, Wednesday Addams/Lisa Simpson pin, and my little witch hat with the veil and gems in it. I forgot to take a photo to show you. Oh well. It's a shame about the lack of parties around because I love to dress up. It helps build up my confidence.

I'll leave off my Halloween (and life) update with my favourite Halloween films list, from the list I made two years ago, with new additions.

Here we go!:


23. Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (1988)

22. The Craft: Legacy (2020)

21. Black Christmas (2019)

20. Till Death (2021)

19. Jennifer's Body (2009)

18. Dracula's Daughter (1936)

17. Assassination Nation (2018)

16. A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night (2014)

15. Crimson Peak (2015)

14. Daphne & Velma (2018)

13. The Witches of Eastwick (1987)

12. Interview with the Vampire (1994)

11. Little Shop of Horrors (1986)

10. Carrie (1976)

9. Mary Shelley (2017)

8. Ghostbusters (aka Ghostbusters: Answer the Call) (2016)

7. Black Swan (2010)

6. Corpse Bride (2005)

5. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

4. Return to Oz (1985)

3. Coraline (2009)

2. The Love Witch (2016)

1. Pan's Labyrinth (2006)



Happy Halloween πŸ‘»πŸ’€πŸ‘ΏπŸ˜±πŸ§›πŸ’œπŸ˜¨πŸŒ±


No comments:

Post a Comment