Tuesday 30 November 2021

November 2021 Update

I watched some films, surprise surprise, mostly on Netflix. Surprise again, it was a lot of crap, but I will make a special mention of Red Notice. See it, it's great. Also Falling for Figaro to a lesser extent. 

In my last trip to the cinema this year I saw Encanto. I admit I was pretty underwhelmed and disappointed by it (was it even finished properly? Was it rushed in production? That wouldn't be a shock. And jeez Lin-Manuel Miranda overworked himself for this year. I still love In the Heights and Vivo). I'll be distancing myself from Disney, and I don't wish to consciously give them any more of my money than is strictly necessary (it's unavoidable with them, as is horrifyingly clear).

As for TV, I made it up to four seasons of Gilmore Girls, then Squid Game, and the first season of Lucifer (why yes I am very picky about what I watch, why do you ask?). And I finally saw the second season of The Owl House, and it's amazing! So epically funny and cute and heartfelt and hopeful. It is such a shame that it ended like it did. Another reason to be distrustful of Disney, and to disassociate from the capitalist nightmare conglomerate.

On top of all of this, I've reevaluated many TV shows and stuff - aspects in them - that I used to like or not mind much. I don't think I'm overthinking and being overly critical. Then again, it's true that everything is problematic and nothing can be perfect.

Maybe I should just stop watching television. Yeah, I'll do that. Excepting a few upcoming new animated seasons.

In November, before the Christmas rush, I was allowed two weeks off work, and I'm still exhausted and fed up sometimes.

I got back to reading and rereading, as well. I even visited my library a few times. Here are my book rereviews this month:


Tuesdays at the Castle - Read rereview here.

Night of Cake and Puppets - Read rereview here.

Titus Groan - Read rereview here.

The Picture of Dorian Gray - Read rereview here.

Lolita - Read rereview here.

The Hobbit - Read rereview here.


Please please stay safe, beautiful, hopeful people. Continue to wear a mask and wash your hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment