Wednesday 31 March 2021

March 2021 Update

I watched so many films and TV shows this month. Here is the list:



Films:


All six Tinker Bell movies. Here they are in the order I liked them, the first being the best:

1. The Great Fairy Rescue
2. Secret of the Wings
3. The Pirate Fairy
4. Tinker Bell
5. The Legend of the NeverBeast
6. The Lost Treasure


Next, there's Moxie (it's good, but it needed better disability rep, and any queer rep), Whip It (2009) (generic by today's standards, and inappropriate and condoning with some issues), Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) (definitely a ridiculous, so-bad-it's-good shlock fest that tries to do too many things at once), Ophelia (2018) (underrated, and Daisy Ridley needs more praise and attention), Finding 'Ohana (too long and pretty boring, and it's full of clichés, contrivances and cringey performances from the child actors, but the diversity is appreciated), Wonder Woman 1984 (a fun and relevant superhero flick; the only real downside for me is Diana's blind obsession with Steve Trevor over her own home and mother and fellow Amazons), The Favourite (my second viewing, and I still think it's overrated, and I dislike historical costume dramas altogether, so maybe I'm not the best judge; plus the sound/music choices and editing is annoying and obvious), Professor Marston and the Wonder Women (I love it, it's one of my new favourite films, and I don't know why I didn't think much of it the first time I saw it years ago), Brokeback Mountain, The Devil Wears Prada, The Handmaiden (2016) (holy crap!), and Soul.



TV:


Harley Quinn season 1 (the second season isn't available in the UK yet, and I'm so mad about that because I want to see what happens next - specifically with Harley and Ivy! They're the best! Now this is a proper adult cartoon), Tokyo Mew Mew (oh my goddesses, it's been years since I first saw this, and watching it now, I'm sad to say I am disappointed; at fifty two episodes, it's not nearly developed enough, and I only recommend it to hardcore Magical Girl fans, and to people who don't mind hearing "Aoyama-kun" five billion times), Adventure Time (oh wow - and everything else aside, Marceline is the best, and Obsidian is an effing masterpiece), Over the Garden Wall (overrated, and I forgot about it after finishing it in under two hours), and Danny Phantom (more fun and funny than I thought it would be - a good glimpse at mid-2000s nostalgia).



Book rereads:

Princess Academy - Read review here.


Whisper - Read review here.



No comments:

Post a Comment