Tuesday 12 April 2022

Graphic Novel Review - 'Wolfwalkers: The Graphic Novel' by Tomm Moore (Creator), Ross Stewart (Creator), Sam Sattin (Adaptation)

Just as good as the film, in my opinion. In fact it's almost exactly the same as the film. This graphic novel was made for people who don't have access to the still-scarcely-released Cartoon Saloon animated feature 'Wolfwalkers'; and it is for people who have seen it, as well.

Whatever the medium, it is a powerful, enriching, wonderful story, with great characters and themes, and stupendous art.

A quote from my blog about 'Wolfwalkers', the film, which also applies to the graphic novel, in nearly every way:


'It's right up my alley, not just in its rich quality, but in terms of aesthetics, tastes, features and themes. It's a heartfelt treat for the eyes and ears. It's magical.

Speaking of, I always thought that animation is the closest we get to seeing real magic on the screen - it is a medium with literally no limitations - and 
Wolfwalkers and a few of Cartoon Saloon's other films work hard to showcase this. It's also great that 2D animated films are still being made, and are lauded for their efforts in creativity, originality and vibrancy. They're as potentially beautiful - and necessary - as any art style.

I love animation. I love three dimensional and fleshed out female protagonists. I love mythology and tales. I love animals. I love wolves. I love mother-and-daughter relationships. I love father-and-daughter relationships.

Yeah, go 
Wolfwalkers.'


A vitality. Boldly, soulfully, spiritually, movingly and aesthetically pleasing. Highly recommended.

Final Score: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment