Sunday 13 December 2020

Book Review - 'Hilda's Sparrow Scout Badge Guide (Hilda Tie-In)' by Emily Hibbs, Zelda Turner

A very fun, funny, substantial and charming activity book for 'Hilda' fans, for kids, for outdoor lovers, for the creative and practical, and for fantasy lovers of all ages.

'Hilda's Sparrow Scout Badge Guide' follows the TV series very closely and faithfully (so be warned, there are spoilers). It makes me wish that scouts were a common enough thing for me to get involved in back when I was a lonely, socially awkward and discouraged kid. I'd have liked to have been given badges of honour; cute little items signifying achievements. Among the many other things that 'Hilda' reminds me of, it is like 'Pokémon'. Or 'Mushishi'. 'Hilda' is nostalgic and modern all at once.

I love that the mysterious, young and cool goth librarian gets a mention, too.

Happy 700th Artemis Crescent review! And of a new book that I adore!

Final Score: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment